2014年4月6日 星期日

elearning 4 - technology and Me # 108


Describe your experiences in working remotely in groups for this course. What worked, what didn’t, what challenges did you face, what solutions did you come up with? When you consider developing group activities in Distance Learning (DL) environments, what issues/concerns do you anticipate with respect to assessment of group work?
The facilitators are very nice and helpful. It is pretty lonely and fell I am working along at this course.
The class and quiz schedules are hard to follow.  For example, I wanted to work ahead. But I do not know if I have done it or been missing somewhere.  Same as the quiz.  I hope it will have some indicators or color changes to show the completing work or submit successfully. Right now, I have to back and forth to check the the main course platform, yammer and paper to check if I missed anything. 
It is hard to find my group members and  one get one response back.   I am a little bit frustrated.  But, so great to have so many different types of communication tools.  I can keep bugging them.  I hope they will not feel I am annoying or pushing teammate. 
I will send a course actual calendar and put the  homework or work on each day as suggestion to notify to my students. It must turn in I will use different color or font to show the urgent.  If I can ( I do not know if there is a design  )have a push notification as pop up for 30 mins ago  and 5 mins (similar as iphone app)before the due date 
For the last question "what issues do you anticipate with respect to assessment of group work?"  Some people will do more work than the other. The grade will come out equally.  It will have potential unfairness assessment during the group work.

2 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

Hi Rhoda- I can't read Chinese so I hope that this is the spot for comments!
I definitely agree that it is VERY important for the students to have a detailed list of assignments so that they are clear on what work is due when. I also do not like the going back and forth from yammer to google mail to voice thread hoping that I haven't missed anything.
In Ed Dixon's video, he talked about the syllabus for the class being a daily syllabus and thus being a lesson plan, to make sure that everyone knew what to do. I think that the students need to know exactly what's is coming and the idea of "due in 30 minutes" is very important!

Chery 提到...

"Hats off to you, Rhoda, as you go through this course with very academic language and fast speaking professors whose first language is English! I have also found the very detailed quiz questions a challenge. It does make me listen very closely and several times. They expect us to know more than the "gist" of the lecture.
You seem to be a very careful worker which makes all of the details of this course quite a challenge, as you mentioned. You (and I) are hoping that we do all of the assignments and not get lost.
Your blog template and colors are relaxing and refreshing for a person visiting your site.